KUALA LUMPUR: If you are a regular reader of Malaysian Defence, you would have noticed that I have not updated the ORBAT series. If you are newbie scroll down on the archives column
I know I need to finish the Malaysian Army ORBAT to complete the series but have since realised that unlike the junior services, I need to take a longer look for the senior service.
It is for that reason, I have decided to break the Malaysian Army ORBAT in two parts. The first is the list of equipment much like the RMAF and RMN Orbats while the second one is a detailed look of the Brigade of the Future (BTF).
BTF is how Malaysian Defence believes the Army should be organised as combat ready units. I will elaborate on BTF in future blogs.
Malaysian Army ORBAT
CV12o Tank offered for the Malaysian tank requirement five years ago. We opt for the PT-90M
2) Mine resistant 4×4, 6×6 and 8×8 trucks as personnel carrier; weapon carriers (guns, anti-tank and SAM; combat engineering; logistics and EOD.
4) MLRS with guided munitions
6) Medium helicopters for transport
7) Light helicopters for transport and reconnaissance
8) Attack helicopters for battlefield interdiction;